Usually, we have plenty of tan Hi-Vis here at the
genuine fly shop. This fly is the reason why. The
shop vac is not a contented angler pattern although
we do use our choice of material.
This has been in the box of go-to flies for the past
two years. I usually reach for this fly every fishing
|Thread: Danville 6/0 tan
Hook: Dai-Riki 135 #14 - #18
Head: Gold bead of appropriate size
Adbomen: Ringneck pheasant center tails.
8 - 10 fibers for a size 14.
Rib: Gold wire.
Thorax. Chocolate brown diamond brite
or Ice dub.
1. Tie in 8 - 10 ringneck center tail fibers.
2. Tie in gold wire rib and advance the
thread leaving 1/4 hook length.
3. Wrap the pheasant tails up to the
waiting thread and counter rib with
4. Tie in some tan Hi-Vis fibers as you
would a wingcase.
5. Fold the Hi-Vis over forming a loop.
6. Dub in front and behind the loop with
Chocolate brown ice dub or diamond brite.
|The Contented Angler
147 Jefferson Avenue
Lower Burrell, Pa. 15068