|This is about as complicated a scud should get.
We know that any attempt at realism always
results in failure. Make your flies abstract.
1. I am using a golden olive thread to
tie down the shell at the front of the
2. Apply a loose golden olive
dubbing to the thread.
3. Dub a loose body ending at the rear
of the hook.
4. Pull your scudback over the top and
tie down at the rear with two wraps of
5. Continue wrapping your thread to
the eye creating a neatly spaced rib.
|The Contented Angler
147 Jefferson Avenue
Lower Burrell, Pa. 15068